Friday, June 3, 2016

Alabama's On My Mind

The state of Alabama is once again on my mind. Those that have been reading this blog since the beginning may remember my earlier post "Of Magnolias and Education". My concluding sentences from that post were: "Was that drive south in June worth it? Well, let’s just say I’m hoping that come next June, my car will once again be pointing towards Alabama"

 
By The original uploader was Lissoy at English Wikipedia - Transferred from en.wikipedia to Commons by Spyder_Monkey using CommonsHelper., CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=5075456
The car was at the dealer's this week and had an oil change and a quick once over. The maps are printed- we're old-fashioned and don't own a GPS. I registered this morning for the ProGen get together on Sunday evening. The neighbors have been told we'll be gone. The bags just need to be packed and then a week from tomorrow the car once again points south!

This year I will be taking Advanced Library Research: Law Libraries and Government Documents and Rich will be taking Advanced Methodology and Evidence Analysis. Despite my years working in a law library, I have had little chance to do actual research in legal records. So, this coming week I will be trying to make sure I know what I'm doing with legal records and that I have the proper terminology down pat. Wish me luck!

This will be the last year that IGHR is at Samford University, but if you haven't registered don't fear you've missed your chance. Next year it will move to The Georgia Center’s UGA Hotel & Conference Center July 23-28, 2017.

So, stay tuned. Posts may be a bit short and distracted over the next couple weeks, but they will appear and there will be at least one update during IGHR itself!

 

No comments: