Thursday, March 17, 2016

Saint Patrick's Irish Pictures

Happy Saint Patrick's Day to everyone!

In honor of my Irish ancestors here's a Throwback Thursday of my Irish family. Of course, my grandmother would be appalled over the wearing of the green. Being Protestant, she believed in wearing the orange of William of Orange only on this holiday.

 
Jennings family Keelinga Leap, County Cork
Sadie (Sarah) and Alice Jennings 1909
The first is that of my grandmother's family shortly before she left for America. She sailed on the RMS Laconia in October of 1912, never to return to Ireland. The second is her and her sister the day of or near their confirmation into the Church of Ireland. Sadie was just a year younger than Alice, my grandmother for whom I was given Alice as a middle name.

No comments: