Thursday, March 24, 2016

Where They Were Born

Fellow genealogist J. Paul Hawthorne started a trend on Facebook earlier today. Playing along with this, these are the birthplaces of my ancestors up to great-great-grandparents. I also have lived my entire life in New York State. So, despite this state being such a black-hole for finding information, you can see why most of my research is done here.

There's also another black-hole not so evident within this chart. With all the Catholic parish registers and such appearing for Ireland, you might think that line is getting very easy to research. Well, considering not a single one of the people born in Ireland likely ever crossed through a door into a Catholic church let alone created a record within them, I'm still waiting for the Church of Ireland (Anglican) records to become more easily accessed. When/if they finally come online- don't expect to hear from me for awhile!


No comments: