Saturday, November 5, 2016

Please To Remember The Fifth of November...

Remember, remember! 
The fifth of November,
The Gunpowder treason and plot...

So begins an English folk poem from about 1870 about Guy Fawkes day and the Gunpowder treason plot of November 5, 1605. In my house we always remember the day, not because of Guy Fawkes, but because more importantly (to me at least!) today is my birthday. Here are a few fifth of November pictures of mine through the years. Funny, I seem to be in less and less pictures the older I get, perhaps because I am the main person taking pictures now.
I think Mom still has that tablecloth!

My favorite doll joined me at the table that year.

Sixth grade with friends and my nephews.

Thirteenth birthday?

My college dorm room door one year.

New England Historical Genealogical Society, Boston in 2014.

1 comment:

Anne Slatin said...

Happy Birthday, Nancy!