Sunday, May 8, 2016

Saturday Challenge- Mother's Day

The Saturday Challenge:
1)  This is Mother's Day weekend, so please go through the photographs you have of your mother and share one of your favorite photograph of her.  Just one.  Oh, tell us why it's one of your favorites, and tell us something about your mother, too.

Spring Cherry Blossoms

As my brother's will certainly tell you, I'm not always good about following directions. Today is one of those. My mother has hated the camera and for years will duck out of a picture or hide her face. It is hard to get a good picture of her unless it is a candid shot. She seems to hate every single picture that she is in. So, instead, today I am posting some of what were probably some of her mother's favorite pictures of the family. They were found in a collection of family pictures and were put together on one page as a collage probably by her, which is why I believe they were some favorites:
Collage from my grandparents collection

 In the upper left is a photo of my grandmother, Alice Jennings Wooster in middle-age. To the right is a picture of her husband, Marion J. Wooster and her son Kenneth. This was taken in November 1942 when Grandpa was serving in the SeaBees during WWII. The bottom oval is that of my mother, Alice Wooster Ward and her brother Lester as children.

No comments: